Saturday, November 13, 2010

Selling Sculptures by the seashore

Sculpture by the Sea 2010, Bondi Beach

This weekend is your last chance to catch this year’s Sculpture by the Sea along the Bondi to Tamarama coastal walk. Hopefully there’s some decent weather so everyone can enjoy some seaside art as I did last Sunday, trudging up to Marks Park although not quite making it all the way to Tamarama Beach.


There seemed to be a lot of metal based sculptures this year, although the wooden ones seemed to crop up as a lot of my top picks. Here’s a few of my favourite sculptures (apologies for the lack of artwork names – silly me didn't pick up a programme at the start).












Mirroring 1995 by Keld Moseholm - winner of the major prize this year,
the Balnaves Foundation Sculpture Prize

My favourite of the lot

Back view of the favourite


I believe all the sculptures are available for sale or lease, even. Sculpture by the Sea at Bondi this year runs from 28 October – 14 November 2010. See the website here.


7 comments:

missklicious said...

Great pictures! I started from Tamarama this year, and stopped at Mark's Park too, didn't make it to Bondi, so thanks for the pics as I won't be making it there again before it ends!

Tina said...

Hi missklicious - Between the two of us, we've got it covered ;)

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Ooh thanks for this Tina! I missed out this month and won't have a chance to go. I always love this exhibition :)

Alisa said...

Lovely sculptures. Glad you shared these photos.

Tina@foodboozeshoes said...

Hi Lorraine and Alisa - No problems :)

Corinne @ Gourmantic said...

Love your photos! Like you, I didn't get the chance to see them all this year. I wish it would be on for longer!

Tina said...

Hi Corinne - It's quite the walk, isn't it? A good few hours worth

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...